Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Home Again

Our month of traveling is over.  We arrived home on Monday night and immediately began unpacking and getting settled back in to our routine.  We had a wonderful month, but I was really excited to sleep in my own bed again!

Last week was Grandma/Grandpa Camp with our granddaughters and we had a fabulous time: movies (Minions), boat rides, county fairs (Saratoga County Fair), special lunches (Friendly's, of course) and just time together.  On Tuesday we drove up to Lake George and took a boat ride on the Minne-Ha-Ha - a Robison family tradition.  We even had time for some sewing with grandma and "designing".  I was cutting fabric and both of the girls began playing with the scraps.  I think both of them have some design skill and Paula and I shouldn't have to worry about retirement, the business will be left in very capable hands!! Plus they've got the "cute" factor in their favor!!

Julianne's creation - she said it was a hot air balloon.
Sydney's creation

I did manage to find some sewing time and finished our new version of Sophie.  I also worked on a new Country Day Table Runner.  Right now it is still in the block stage, but I hope to finish it up this weekend.


Tuesday was a big day here - the fabric for the Latimer Farms Block of the Month shop kits arrived - all 430 lbs of it!  Today I began the task of cutting it - month by month.  Caitlin picked up months 1,2,and 3 tonight for folding and labeling! The Marcus Fabrics reps are just starting to bring the Latimer Farms info to your local quilt shops, so watch for information and sign ups very soon.

Now that I have unpacked from our vacation, it's now time to repack for another Camp Blanding quilt retreat.  Everything is lined up at the front door for loading into the car tomorrow morning.  This is a 5 day retreat, so I made sure I have plenty to work on.  At least one of the projects is with one of Paula's newest fabric collections - Carolina Blues.  I got a peck at it today and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment