Sunday, October 19, 2014

Houston Bound

Yes, it is finally here - time to leave for Market and Festival.  I've talked about it so much that it feels like I should have come and gone already!!!  Market set-up starts on Thursday, but there's a few last minute things to finish up and of course we have to pack the trailer.  Peter is flying over on Monday also, but then heading to Corpus Christi for a couple of days.  He'll be back on Wednesday to help with loading and unloading on Thursday - thank heavens!!  We haven't set up for a show since last Fall Market and Festival and I can already feel my body crying out in pain!  Guess I should pre-Aleve!!

I'm all packed - probably way too many clothes, but I'll be gone for 16 days!!!  I need nice clothes for Market and Festival and then everyday/work clothes for loading, unloading and setting up! Fortunately the weather in Houston will be very similar to St. Pete, so I don't need to bring anything warm!

So, do you want to see our new Market quilts????  I've shared some "in progress" pictures, but now I can share pictures of the actual patterns. 

Soldier's Waltz is made with Paula's collection Landon Creek and I have to admit that it's probably my favorite.  The reds, blacks, cheddar and 1 shirting just make it a WOW quilt!!  My prediction - this will be the big seller.

Bonnie Blue is our 2 color quilt and it features 2 new fabrics from Paula's Companions collection.  I love it in the blue and cream, but think it would also be spectacular in red and white, black and cream or just about any 2 color combination.  I think this one is Paula's favorite, but that's just a guess!
I love when Paula "shops" in the warehouse and pulls fabric for a new scrappy quilt.  I am always amazed that she can look at all of that fabric and pull out just what she needs to make a beautiful quilt - true talent.  Well she's done it twice this time!!

New Market is an "inventory", scrappy quilt, but just in blues, browns and blacks.  Love this one and it is sooo easy!!!  It also has a nice masculine feel to it.  I think it would make a great holiday gift or graduation gift for some man in your life!!

Hanover Stars is our 2nd scrappy quilt and it features 46 "darks" in reds, browns, blacks and blues and 1 light! Can you say "yummy"?  This is probably my second favorite, but not by much.
We will have kits available for all of these quilts and should have them on the website after Festival. International Quilt Festival is in the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston and the dates are Thursday, October 30th- Sunday, November 2nd.  Preview night is Wednesday, October 29th.  We are in booth #1805, so stop by for a visit, check out all of our new patterns and kits or just say hello!!  We love to meet our blog followers!

Next thing on my list is to start my list of restaurants that I want to visit - Lupe's, Las Mananitas (can you tell I'm a little anxious for some good Tex-Mex - the body is craving some good queso), Texas Roadhouse, Rita's, Menchie's, Macaroni House, and Whataburger just to name a few!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Traveling back from VA....may not see you until Thursday at Festival! Praying that booth set up goes well.:)

    ReplyDelete