Sunday, August 31, 2014

Labor Day Sunday

Today brought back so many memories.  When I taught school in New York, this was always the "last hurrah of the summer" day.  Labor Day was the day to make sure you had everything ready for school because Tuesday was Teacher workshop day and Wednesday was the first day of school.  I found myself eager to do something different, maybe even be outside and then I remembered I live in Florida and we are currently experiencing sauna-type weather.  Being outside isn't really on anyone's list at this point - unless you plan to sit in the pool all day!!  So I decided to have a personal sewing day instead.

I turned the TV on to NCIS and spent the afternoon making baby quilts with Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Ziva, Ducky and Abby - a perfectly wonderful day.  I'm in need of 2 baby boy quilts, so I dug out my charm packs of "Oink-A-Doodle-Moo" from Moda and with the Stacked Coins pattern in hand (Moda Bake Shop), I completed two baby quilt tops!!!! Hurray for me!!  They need a good pressing, but here they are with the pretty turquoise fabric that will the backing and the binding.  Cross 2 baby quilts off my "Long Term" To Do list.

I also promised you a picture of the blue/brown quilt.  I pressed it up on Saturday, so now I can share.  It is on its way to the quilter - thank you FedEx!

I also wanted to tell you about our upcoming sale - "Seven Days of Sales".  Starting on Monday, September 1st, we will have 1 quilt kit on sale per day.  That's 7 different kits over the next 7 days.  Each kit will be 30% off.  Tomorrow's kit is Old Abe, but you will have to check the website each day to see which one will be on sale next!!  Hopefully it will be one you've been eying!!

My other plan for today was to be able to share a sunset picture with you.  It was a beautiful, sunny day, so Peter and I planned on dinner out at the beach with a side of sunset to go with it.  About an hour before we planned to head out, the thunder rolled in and then the rain.  Needless to say, no sunset picture to share! Bummer!!  Another one of the joys of Florida summer weather - late afternoon storms!!

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful baby quilts and love the design of the blue and brown quilt.Hope you had an amazing Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete