Monday, August 11, 2014

Congratulations to our winners!!



Week #2 of the Marcus Friends and Companions Sew-Along has come to a close and we would like to thank all of you for your wonderful comments.  You certainly boosted our self-esteem!!  We also had a couple of sharp-eyed readers who noticed an error in the downloadable version of the instructions.  Somehow the picture of the finished block flipped and became a mirror image of the actual finished block.  I don't know how that happened and probably never will, but we've gone in and corrected it.  Click here for the corrected printable/downloadable version of the instructions. (corrected 8/11 AM)

And now to our lucky winners!!  All of the comments were great and thank you again, but the random generator selected 3 comments that will each receive one of our newest patterns, Parker's Crossing, and 5 fat quarters from R & B Taverns, the collection that was featured in the quilt. 

Jeannette: I love sew alongs! Thanks for this one. Any civil war Repro fabrics that Marcus Brothers does always become my favorites. I especially like red and tan fabrics. They always look so good together especially if blues and blacks are added. I don't do plaids or stripes. They intimidate me! I think you have a golden retriever

Rosa: Love your block and love your fabric choice.
My favorite color is green but I`m doing Dear Jane in blue fabrics and so this summers I`m playing with blues.
There are many favorites collection and hard to choose only one.. Prairie stitches,OldeTownhouse,Victoria par,home for holidays...
I love stripes and plaids.
You have a Shepherd?
Have a great weekend!

Angiebaby: I love all the reproduction prints any thing primitive. Maybe your dog is an English springer spaniel like mine. What ever she is I'm sure she special. Love the blocks I'm excited about doing this quilt. My first sew along quilt.

Winners, please send an email with address information to: info@redcrinolinequilts.com .

We loved all the comments and Paula particularly enjoyed your "ID Paula's dog" answers. All great answers and good dog breeds, but sorry no one got it right.  Claire is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  She is a sweetie and as is evidenced by the picture with granddaughter Sophie, also a princess! She is the fourth Cavalier that has been part of Paula's family over the past decade!!

This week's blog post also sparked a reader to send in a photo of her own Lizzie's Scrap Bag.  Louise, from Washington, just finished hers at a quilt retreat.  Congratulations Louise on a job well done.  Your quilt is beautiful!!

Are you ready for your next block? Block #3 from Sarah Maxwell of Homestead Hearth will be available on Friday, August 15. If you are just joining us, here's the schedule of the blocks and their designers:

8/1                        Pam Buda ~ Heartspun Quilts                                  www.HeartspunQuilts.Blogspot.com
8/8                        Paula Barnes ~ Red Crinoline Quilts                     www.RedCrinolineQuilts.Blogspot.com
8/15                      Sarah Maxwell ~ Homestead Hearth                      www.HomesteadHearth.Blogspot.com              
8/22                      Pati Violick ~ Marcus Fabrics                                 www.MarcusMentions.com
8/29                      Gloria Parsons ~ Olde Green Cupboard               www.OldeGreenCupboard.Blogspot.com  
9/5                        Nancy Rink ~ Nancy Rink Designs                           www.NancyRinkDesigns.com/blog
9/12                      Mary Ellen Robison~Red Crinoline Quilts          www.RedCrinolineQuilts.Blogspot.com
9/19                      Dolores Smith ~ Homestead Hearth                       www.HomesteadHearth.Blogspot.com
9/26                      Lisa Shepard ~ Marcus Fabrics                               www.MarcusMentions.com
10/3                      Red Crinoline Quilts ~ Quilt Revealed!                www.RedCrinolineQuilts.Blogspot.com
We have just a few kits left.  If you place an order, we will ship within a day and you will be able to get your first 2 blocks done before it's time to start block 3!!  Click here for the kits on our website. 

Until next time, happy quilting,
Mary Ellen

4 comments:

  1. Sorry if I'm confused but I think the link for the pattern correction is just to a page with the sew along schedule on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the error. I guess I messed up when I did a copy/paste. The link is now correct.

      Delete
  2. I am loving the blocks, material and all. My friend and I would like to make the quilt just a little bigger and would like some suggestions on how to do that. We would like to know how much more material to buy. If we added three more blocks and had a bigger border or something. Any suggestions on how to make the quilt say a queen size would be very helpful. Please reply if possible. My email address is jeanenne@digis.net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all the lucky winners.I`m one of the excited winners.Thanks you so much!!

    Great pics,my fav one is the second one.Paula is adorable.Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete